Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Crucify Myself


Sure, crucifixtion sounds good


The Scottish TV presenter and journalist Dominik Diamond is considering undergoing physical crucifixion as part of a controversial television documentary about Christianity.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think there's alot to be said for journeying physically as a response to journeying spiritually.
(actually, I thought the whole point of Christ's cricufixtion was to make sure we didn't suffer?)
However, one can go too far. I suppose this would be alot like a evolutionary biologist trying to live underwater to discover about his genetic past.
I'm assumign that Mr. Diamond is just putting on a show with this statement. Which to me undermines the profound nature of what he claims to be doing.
Either that or he's a whack job.
I wonder if Tori Amos will be watching.


Tags:

No comments: