Friday, February 17, 2006

Pen, Sword, Death

Pen Vs. Sword
and on that list, we should not forget that over 12 people have lost their lives in this.
Exactly how many of those, I wonder, would have gone to these events if they knew they might die.
Islam has to learn that while they can protest, scream, yell, all those things, the world does NOT
belong to them. The world does NOT follow their rules.
I have done everything in my power to be understanding and culturally sensitive and all that.
I really have.
Fuck, I'm a frickin' liberal, for god's sake!
But the fact is that the people involved in this chaos are behaving like spoiled children.
I remember being, say, 6 or 7 and running home to mom to tell on my friend Donny cause he was doing something I wasn't allowed to do. It was explained to me that just because I wasn't allowed doesn't mean that Donny isn't allowed.
I had a fit, I believe.
Which is fine.
I was 6.
When you are 6, its appropriate to have little nutties when you don't get things
your way, when the world doesn't act like you want it to.
I was 6.
If I acted that way now, no one would put up with it. Not for one second.
And thats where some section of the Muslim world is today.
And the lesson has to be taught.
If we fail to stand strong, only bad will come of it.
If they want to be treated like adults in the international community, they must stop
behaving like children.

When they put Germany back together, I was apprehensive.
Germany is 2 for 2 in starting world wars.
I suggested that they cover the entire country in a giant quartz globe, and have colored spotlights randomly follow people. Keep them from getting enough sleep, and you keep them from organizing.
Part of me thinks that might be a good idea here.
I am very quickly losing my faith that we will ever resolve this, that we will ever live in peace with the Muslim world so long as we are on the same planet.

Keep the cartoon in print and online as much as possible.
Sooner or later, they will learn that having a temper tantrum does not get you your way.
We MUST draw a line.


Tags:

2 comments:

moleboy said...

and if you actually read my posts, I've said that I'm supportive of the protesting, and understanding of the anger. I simply think that when it gets violent, you walk from righteous indignation to pissed-off child

but obviously, you haven't read what I've been writing or you haven't been paying attention to anything other than the bits that you feel like.

enjoy

moleboy said...

your abiltiy to debate once again has forced me into a corner.
and you continue to twist everything and mmiss the actual points.
Please feel free to keep ranting and posting but I believe I'm done with such insanity.
When you can speak rationally instead of looking for every justification for your own anger and desire for violence, please feel free to come back.