Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mormons aren't Hebrews

Mormons face science in their faith

Now, don't get me wrong.
Faith is faith, and it isn't something that can be really destroyed by science. They simply aren't the same language.
Unless you get specific.
Then you run into problems.
A gross example would be me saying I could heal people, and those people still die, no matter what I do. Observation (a key ingredient in science) shows us the dead bodies.
However, no amount of science is ever going to disprove God, in general.
But here we have something very close to my example.
The Mormons are saying that Native Americans are descended from a tribe of Israel, when science can show they are not. That does not disprove at all the general faith, just the specifics of its implementation here.

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That false. I know Mormons are good people. You should learn more at www.mormon.org

moleboy said...

no, it happens to be true.
(actually, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with, but hey...I can be as vague as the next guy)
And, apparently, you didn't actually read the post because I said nothing bad about mormons, just that the native americans aren't related to the tribes of israel.
Kindly read before commenting next time.