Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Scientology : my favorite thing in the world

Actually, explaining to people what the core beliefs of Scientology actually are is one of my favorite things to do.
They always assume that I'm making it up.
They always laugh.
What I wonder, though, is are these beliefs any stranger than the more common belief that a Supreme, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Eternal Being created all of existence and sent his 'Son' down in mortal form to guide us to a lifestyle that will place us, when dead, into a never-ending paradise?
Honestly, I think Scientology passes the Ockam's Razor test.
It really doesn't postulate anything all that different than what we've already experienced. Certainly not anything as different as God.
Of course, most churches don't charge for wisdom to save your soul.
At least not as much.
At least not blatantly.

Tags:

No comments: