Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Center For The Study Of Popular Television

So, like all good, informed people, I was reading CNN today and decided that, more than the Gonzales testimony, more than the riots over a cartoon, more than the multi-trillion dollar budget, the newest thoughts on Brangelina (which, to me, sounds like a tasty, high fiber treat) was the news that mattered.
And I come across this paragraph:
Robert Thompson, director of the Center for the Study of Popular Television, said the coupling of A-list stars like Pitt and Jolie -- or in years gone by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton -- was "a paparazzi's dream come true."

Stopped dead in my tracks, I was.
"Center for the Study of Popular Television"
There's a Center for the Study of Popular Television???
WHY WASN'T I INFORMED???
Like that wouldn't be my frickin' DREAM JOB!!!
They don't appear to be hiring.
but I emailed them anyway:
Hello
I became aware of your organization today through CNN.
How does one get a position in your organization?
I am certain I'm not qualified in any way, but the existence of a Center For The Study Of Popular Television proves that there is a dream job for everyone, including me.
I love you for being.
-Joel

No comments: